Secret Shame

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    spooookie
    Participant

Ok,everybody must have A sci-fi Film or show that they secretly Love,but has either been slated by the critics,or other sci-fi fans.

Mine would have to be Alien Ressurection,because I actually reall do enjoy the concept of Ripley being a half-Alien superwoman,I think the feeling of gloom adds nicely to the franchise,and crew of the betty are decent characters.

So come on now,dont be shy,tell us all what show you have kept your love of hidden from the rest of us is,and just as importantly WHY!

hishadow
    Participant

Cleopatra 2525 ๐Ÿ™„

gw2001h
    Participant

Good question! I’ve got 2. First is Rollerball (1975), with James Caan. The action shots from the track are really cool, and the use of blood is liberal. There’s great tension at the end of the championship game. Second is Timecop. Can you believe it, Jean-Claude van Damme in an interesting movie.

mandara k
    Participant

Sweetie ya may want to move this to general pub stuff… I have to write lengthy, rambling and OT posts in one place like the oracle thread because of time factors…. like not having any ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Otherwise I’d dance around the board sprinkling postings like pixie dust.

That’s why i hang my head in shame and refuse to be a “real” BSG fan because I can’t spend all that time breaking down an ep and watching it multiple times. That is reserved for my special stock of sweet films.

And um, they vary according to mood, seasons, etc…..

And my mood is now FRUSTRATED…

“frickin’ frackin’ job with frickin’ frackin’ crap rules.”

ANd now for something quasi-different……

My song for RDM’s hair problems… To the tune of “O Danny Boy”

“Oh Ronnie boy….. the shears….. the shears are calling….
    To rid you of that ‘do ….. that screams of 70’s savoir faire….
    And if you crop that top that makes you look like a Spector;
    You won’t seem such like a such L….Derry Air”

Sorry no offense to London or Englanders it’s just an immaturure chuckle at a butt joke Londonderry Air; the song get it?

I don’t know but something tells me if you want to walk the red carpet you have to dress for it now; i don’t know it’s just a thought that sits there.

Now he’ll get all crabby… and nonsense…. and his wife will get cranky….. yeesh people it’s just a suggestion and one based on a feel; that ya might as well start the overhaul and get time to get used to it; especially if you hate change. that is why if you start now it will gradual, not fast and you can adapt to it.

spooookie
    Participant

GW…I can sympathise with your 70’s Rollerball dilemma,but Timecop? yes welcome to the hall of shame,we shall hang our heads together in shame.

To be fair though if we critisize each other too much,nobody is going to reveal their Distastefull yearnings so yea Timecop,given the subject…Great choice Mate!

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure & Bill and Teds Bogus Journey.

But wait, theres more : – ICE PIRATES!!!

… I’ve got problems. Don’t judge me.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Ice Pirates! Hurrah! I loved every cheesy moment of that movie; ’twas hilarious. I searched for it on DVD, unsuccessfully of course, awhile back. Some people have no appreciation for the classics. ๐Ÿ™‚

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I got it from Amazon for 10$ or something. Was so well worth it.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Thanks for the tip! Last time I looked for it, it wasn’t on DVD yet. I picked up that and The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension for under twenty bucks.

YOWAYYO
    Participant

The Neverending Story…ok, this is fantasy, but I love it. Love the theme song, too (twice the shame.)

The Last Starfighter is another good one. I like the fancy trailer park. I always thought the the spaceship was cool, too. Plus, there were lots of funny moments. It was good clean 80’s fun.

theFrey
    Participant

Logan’s Run. One of the few things I enjoyed about moving to Texas was getting to go look at the fountains featured in the end of the movie.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

you…enjoy…something…about…Texas…?

ok, what have you done with The Frey?

I loved the first Neverending Story. It was a great movie! I think that if you had to have a list of the worst movie sequals ever, The Neverending Story sequals would be number one on it.

theFrey
    Participant

Very Funny. I have spent the last week in Pittsburgh looking for a new house, perhaps that makes me less bitter about being stranded in Texas. ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Only one year, nine months and twenty four days left til I can move! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Hollydays
    Participant

I LOVE The Last Starfighter! Did you know they had to build their own compter to render the special effects?

I love all bad sci-fi – I own Judge Dredd, Escape from L.A., Demolition Man, Starman and Enemy Mine (both which are actually really good), The Last Starfighter, Cherry 2000, 3 copies of 5th Element, and even The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen! I could go on?

I fall in love with the Idea that the movie presents, even if it is badly rendered…

Now, I have a bone to pick with the poster who listed Logan’s Run. That is not hall of shame material, it’s a cult classic!!!

theFrey
    Participant

Yes, classic cheesy seventies sci-fi. ๐Ÿ˜‰

YOWAYYO
    Participant
    Hollydays wrote:

I LOVE The Last Starfighter! Did you know they had to build their own compter to render the special effects?

I love all bad sci-fi – I own Judge Dredd, Escape from L.A., Demolition Man, Starman and Enemy Mine (both which are actually really good), The Last Starfighter, Cherry 2000, 3 copies of 5th Element, and even The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen! I could go on?

I fall in love with the Idea that the movie presents, even if it is badly rendered…

Now, I have a bone to pick with the poster who listed Logan’s Run. That is not hall of shame material, it’s a cult classic!!!

I did not know they built their own computer for The Last Starfighter’s special effects, cool!

I, too, love bad sci-fi and you brought up some really, err, good ones like Demolition Man. Freejack is another fave of mine. Great cast, and, of course, “The Mick” playing a baddy was a fantastic treat. For some reason, that is one of the few movies I could watch over and over.

Ok, luckily I am posting this from the saftey of my home and not presenting this on stage, but I like Kevin Costner movies. Waterworld and The Postman are ok in my book. I also fall for the Idea, so I really overlook the (many) times Costner hams it up in his films. I like the worlds he creates and many of the visiual scenes are fantastic. I see where he’s going and I make excuses for the rest of the cheesey crap.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Enemy Mine, Last Star Fighter and 5th Element are not something I would be ashamed of. All are featured in my dvd collection, and I am quite proud.

In terms of cheesy and cult classics, I love my old dvds like Invaders from Mars, the Crawling Eye and of course, my all time favorite movie ever, ‘The creature from black lagoon’.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.